TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN LAKE TAHOE
Guest Post by Tess Pajaron
For women who are looking for a trip to the great outdoors, but with the creature comforts that we love and enjoy, Lake Tahoe is the answer. Situated on the Border of California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe is one of the top destinations for women who love nature and who also want a place to unwind and relax. The natural beauty that surrounds this location makes it the perfect getaway for any occasion. And with so much to do, women flock here to take advantage of the beautiful scenery and fun activities. One great place to stay at the Lake is Hollys Place.
Here are the top 10 things for women to experience while in Lake Tahoe:
- Take a Photographic Hiking Trip – There are plenty of hiking trails available in Lake Tahoe, but to add another fun twist, try taking a day hike with capturing beautiful scenery as the focus. Photographic tours with a guide are best so they can direct you to the most scenic areas. Simply start hiking and whenever you see a scene that can be captured well on film, snap a photo. You will be left with wonderful memories and beautiful photographs to frame, use as cards, or scrapbook with when you return home.
- Enjoy a Cruise on the Water – Enjoy the view from the water on a sightseeing cruise around the lake. This is a particularly great adventure for groups of women. There are many cruise lines in the area that provide daily tours, such as the BleuWaveCruiseLine. With private lounges on board the boats, and a fully stocked boat with food and drinks, women get the experience of a lifetime at a relaxing clip.
- See the Lake on Horseback – Horseback riding tours are available throughout the area as well. These tours give women a unique opportunity to climb aback a horse and be transported in a unique and fun way. Become one with nature while galloping or strolling along the many Horseback trails LakeTahoe has to offer.
- Ride a Bike around the Lake
If horseback is not your cup of tea, or you want to see the area at your own pace, rent a bike and go bicycling by the lake. Bicycles can be rented for on road or off road from companies, such as the Tahoe Adventure Company.These companies can direct you to the trails that will be perfect for your skill level and guide you on what to see while en route
- Get out on the Water in a Kayak
The same Tahoe Adventure Company. also does kayak tours offering a unique view of the scenery and a unique form of adventure. See the area from the relaxing tour on your very own kayak.For women who are more adventurous, try maneuvering the kayak through small rapids and get a fun adrenaline rush.
- Dine in Nature at the Soule Domain
There are many options around the island for fantastic dining experiences, but the SouleDomain offers something a bit more unique. This restaurant offers organic foods and local produce so you can take a bite out of the area you are staying in.
- Mush your way Around the Lake – For winter visitors, there are still many activities that can take you through the snow and scenery. For a unique tour, try your hand at dog sledding. Dog sledding is fun for the adventurous woman in all of us and gets you close to the natural wonder of the area in a way that is unique and fun. Tahoe Dog Sled Tours is one company that takes women out with a guide and helps them through the trails. This is an activity that will make for a day you will not soon forget.
- Take a Ride on a Snowmobile – If you are more inclined to try a motorized way around the island, take a ride on a snowmobile. There are several companies that rent snowmobiles for people to ride, such as Tahoe Snow mobiling Tours. These groups provide women with their own guide to take them around the area safely.
- Take in a Bit of History – This area is well-known for its European influence. For women who want to explore some of the buildings in the area, try a Historic Sightseeing Tour. These tours will show you buildings from the start of when this region was just being settled and give you a lesson with some background on the area you are vacationing in.
- Catch Your Own Dinner – If you love to be out on the water and enjoy the calm of fishing, catch your own seafood dinner by taking one of the many fishing charter boats for a day trip. Fishing tours in Lake Tahoe are available year round.
Women who love adventure and being outdoors will love a trip to Lake Tahoe with all it has to offer.
More Accommodation for Women Articles
- Bliss Sanctuary for Women in Bali - book me in.... - January 8th, 2013
- Italian Tours led by New Zealanders - November 21st, 2012
- Chiang Mai - Temples and Pitfalls - October 27th, 2012
- Lesbian Paradise changes hands.... - June 7th, 2012
- Women focused Tours in India - January 21st, 2011