Solo Women Travellers – do we have to eat alone?
One of the things I love about the cafe near where I live, is the people you sometimes get to meet who are passing through. This was something else I loved when I used to run a guest house for women – meeting people on their travels.
Invite For A Bite aims to solve a problem common to women who travel on their own: what to do when you don’t want to eat alone.
A group of solo women travellers were talking about how they loved travelling on their own but hated having to eat alone. I thought wouldn’t it be great if there was a website where women who didn’t want to eat alone could meet up with up with one another and eat together
As you’re probably aware, when women travel on their own they often find the evenings lonely. On one travel forum a woman described it as ‘the biggest problem there is’. It can be hard for women to go into a bar alone, and few people like sitting on their own in a restaurant surrounded by groups of people. Invite For A Bite offers a way around the problem: create an invite to meet and eat, and see who’s up for joining you. A ‘couchsurfing’ for meals, if you like!
Visit the site here: Invite For A Bite
More Solo Travellers Articles
- Travelling as a Single Woman in Dubai - June 18th, 2013
- 8 Tips on Travelling Alone in Germany - June 17th, 2013
- 7 City Breaks for the Solo Female Traveller - March 9th, 2013
- Travel safely in the UK - Some Great Apps to help you! - March 4th, 2013
- Walking the Cinque Terre - can I do it? - February 6th, 2013