December is a great time to travel in New Zealand
Early December is a great time to travel in New Zealand – before the Primary School holidays and the great NZ rush to the beach for the summer.
The real NZ madness starts on boxing day 26 December. Then cities are quiet places to be – as there is a great exodus to the beaches and mountains where New Zealanders stay with friends, pitch a tent, book a bach (holiday home) until the end of January. When are NZ school holidays? So December you are clear of all that and right at the beginning of summer.
Read a story of how two women enjoyed a week off the beaten track in the North of New Zealand with a dog, two kayaks and passion to explore the beaches and the bays of Northland,
We packed up the dog, the kayaks and the car and headed off for an early December Holiday in the north of New Zealand – Whangaroa Harbour, Tauranga Bay, Ahipara and Rawene… READ MORE
More New Zealand Articles
- I am off to New Zealand - shall I hire a car, a campervan or..... - March 23rd, 2013
- Central Otago - just one small slice of the paradise that is NZ - September 10th, 2012
- Five Amazing adventure locations for women travellers - July 3rd, 2012
- Whale-Watching in Kaikoura NZ - Experience of a Lifetime - April 30th, 2012
- Honesty box - a way of life in New Zealand - February 6th, 2011