I have in the past few months come across several older women who have decided to take to the road on their cycles. Life is too short – they have dreamed of travel and cycling and were putting things in place to do it. I say Go for it… Karen
This Feb I will be 60 years old. I wanted to celebrate it with an unforgettable experience. As MJ would say “This is it” After 30 years of considering a long cycling trip, I signed up for a 2 month tour starting Mar 4 in San Diego and arriving in St Augustine, Florida on April 30.
This is a women’s tour with most of us being 50-60 years old. I will go as a Sag Driver and be able to ride 3 days and drive 1 day…..so I have a built in rest schedule. We ride 60 miles a day 6 days a week with 1 day off each week. It looks like I will have an extra day not riding each week and that is just fine with me, plus I received a 40% discount by working part time.
Read more of Karen’s adventures
More Adventure Tourism Articles
- One Day in Marrakech - May 16th, 2013
- Gorilla Trekking in Uganda - May 7th, 2013
- Diary of a girl at Sea – Sailing for the first time! - May 1st, 2013
- Are you cut out to be an Earthwatcher? - May 1st, 2013
- New Cycle Route from London to Paris - Avenue Verte - March 22nd, 2013