Lesvos – 10th Anniversary for International Women’s Festival
4th to 18th of September 2010
Your are invited you to Sappho’s birthplace and join us in these two week anniversary celebrations. Building on the success and experience of previous festivals to offer a varied and balanced program reflecting the diverse interests of all women.
This community driven festival, in the birthplace of poet Sappho, has been envisioned, created and funded since the year 2000 by local travel agency, Sappho Travel, who are still an ongoing contributor to the promotion and development of activities by and for women, through presentation, practice and promotion of local and international exponents of education, literature, music, dance, film and art.
The annual two week festival provides the opportunity for local and international musicians, artists, performers, entertainers, scholars and therapists to share in the practice, performance and appreciation of women’s talents in all its forms with enthusiasts of all ages.
The activities of the festival celebrate the diversity, literacy, philosophy and social justice from female participants and visitors from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. It empowers women, their status, organizations and position in society in general through education, cultural expression and by means of their creativity.
In 10 years time, the festival has become of considerable importance to the economy of Skala Eressos, in that by organizing it, the tourist season in the village is extended for an extra month every year. This directly benefits all local businesses which rely on tourism as a source of income.
This festival is a celebration of YOU, and however you enjoy spending your time there will be something here for you. Events will include concerts, DJ sets, women only trips and boat cruises, theatrical performances, Greek dinner and dance events, open mike sessions, sports and competitions, art workshops and exhibitions, meditation and spirituality demonstrations and workshops as well as pampering and healing, alternative and traditional therapies.
Plenty of time is reserved for your typical holiday activities as well, such as sunbathing on the 3km unspoilt beach, swimming in the warm and turquoise Aegean Sea, exploring the beautiful countryside and discovering a wealth of fresh food in the many restaurants.
You can find booking and other information, including pictures and details of previous festivals, as well as this year’s program at www.womensfestival.eu.
We are still looking for artists, performers and participants, including volunteers so if you are interested in playing a part in this year’s anniversary festival please email us at email@example.com with your ideas or offerings. We look forward to hearing from you, and to seeing you in September.
Come and celebrate this anniversary with us and treat yourself to a truly unforgettable holiday
Festival organizers Wendy Jansen & Ioanna Savva International Women’s Festival
More Europe Articles
- Cycle from Paris to London - November 11th, 2013
- Snow and smiles all round: planning a family skiing trip you’ll never forget - September 16th, 2013
- Freedom Tour: Italy + Paris + London + Marrakech - what more could a girl want! - June 26th, 2013
- WALK THIS WAY: A NEW TWIST ON SEEING THE FRENCH RIVIERA - June 6th, 2013
- Alpinkreaktiv – Trekking for Women - June 5th, 2013
More Greece Articles
- Athens – The Pride and Cultural centre of Greece - February 10th, 2014
- Memories of Goddess Pilgrimage with Carol Christ - February 3rd, 2014
- One Beautiful Greek Island - Amorgos - September 10th, 2013
- Sun, sea and snorkeling in Rhodes - May 29th, 2013
- Win a Place in this Writing Workshop in Greece - April 19th, 2013
More Lesbian Travel Articles
- SPLASH! Lesbian Rafting Adventure in the Grand Canyon - June 7th, 2013
- Risking Everything: Coming out in Coffee Land - March 23rd, 2013
- Portland is a Great Destination Spot for Single Women Travelers - November 24th, 2010
- Out and Loud Choral Festival - Easter 2010 - July 2nd, 2009
- Topp Twins Movie - Untouchable Girls - April 9th, 2009
More Uncategorized Articles
- Lusting after Wandering - May 15th, 2010
- Updates from Women Travel - March 19th, 2010
- On Line Booking Engines - October 22nd, 2009
- Writing - September 20th, 2009
- Travel Photos - August 14th, 2009
More Women Travel World News Articles
- Journeywoman 20 years and improving with age! - September 4th, 2013
- Celebrate Sailing and the Summer Sailstice - June 4th, 2013
- Can we Go to Greece? YES! - February 12th, 2013
- Womens Travel Group Launched - Phyllis on the Road Again - February 6th, 2013
- Luang Prabang - lovely and langourous - December 26th, 2012